Wednesday, June 07, 2006

watch and learn


You know you're supposed to chew each mouthful of food thirty times before swallowing? I'm a pretty careful eater (is that a wierd thing to acknowledge?), and I'd say I average about five chews per swallow. C'est no good. But what I've realized is that I, like most non-sociopathic human beings, talk while I'm eating. My mother used to go on retreats where they enforced silent meals for this very reason. When you are distracted by convo you tend to eat much faster, not focusing on the way in which you are eating. My solution? TV DINNERS! Not like the nasty ones out of the box, just like eating while watching. This way you can chew more slowly and not be one of those wierd couples that don't talk at restaurants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home